This Simple Home Remedy will Remove Plaque from Teeth Naturally
Did you know that you can remove plaque from teeth using very natural ingredients and in the comfort of your home too?
I saw a recipe the other day for on how to remove plaque from teeth and I was a bit sceptical as to its effectively or safety for that matter.
While being quite easy to prepare using ingredients you can readily get from your kitchen, one of the ingredients listed for this remedy didn’t sit well with me, hence my reluctance to try it.
I finally did however, on my nephew after finding out it was safe to do so, and the result was amazing. Before sharing this recipe with you guys, I believe a little talk on dental plaque or plaque as it’s widely known, might be useful and will not be out of place.
Here’s How Plague Gets Formed on the Teeth
Dental plaque is that sticky stuff that forms on the teeth from food you eat and is more noticeable before you brush in the morning. It is caused by a buildup of acids released from these food.
There are about 100,000 to a billion bacteria present in every mouth at any given time and these bacteria live on our teeth, reacting with the food we eat.
When we eat starchy or sugary food, they react with these food to produce an acid that’s harmful to your teeth and gum.
If you take in too much of these food type, this acid produced can start to destroy your tooth enamel, leading to tooth decay and gum diseases like gingivitis.
How to Prevent Plaque on Teeth
Dental plaque is quite preventable and by following very simple techniques or lifestyle choices.
Here are some of the ways you can prevent a plaque buildup:
1. Brush your teeth regularly; the recommended frequency is twice daily.
2. Floss after you’re done with each meal, or at least twice daily.
3. Reduce the number of bacteria present in your mouth by using an antiseptic or antibacterial mouthwash to rinse your mouth regularly.
4. Use an electronic toothbrush if you can as these are more effective against dental plaque.
5. Opt for a toothpaste containing fluoride, specially ones designed to prevent or control plaque buildup.
6. Watch what you eat. You’re less likely to have plaque if you eat a balanced diet, food that are healthy for you.
7. You should limit your intake of the following food: starchy food, candy, carbonated drinks, alcohol, citrus fruits, and saturated fat.
8. On the other hand, you should eat more of food known for fighting plaque teeth like celery, leafy greens, dairy product, fruits like apple and strawberry, meat and fish, and sugar-free gum.
9. Visit your dentist every six months.
10. Limit the amount of sugary foods you eat or snack on.
Finally, The Remedy to Remove Plaque from Teeth Naturally
Now, unto the amazingly simple remedy that removes plaque from teeth.
Read Also: How to Heel Cracked Heels Using Candle
Here are the Ingredients You’ll be Needing
– 1 Teaspoon Vaseline
– 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
– 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Directions on Making This Plaque Toothpaste
– Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until it becomes creamy.
– Next, using your finger or a toothbrush, brush at the affected tooth and keep at it for five minutes. If you aren’t comfortable using your finger, then you could use your toothbrush, but be sure to wash the toothbrush in warm water afterwards.
– Rinse mouth with cool water and repeat if not completely satisfied.
Some Important Tips to Note
– Please note that you might have to repeat this plague removal remedy a few times before you can get the plaque completely off.
– The plaque toothpaste can be stored in your fridge for up to five days after which it should be thrown out.
– You should deal with plaque as soon as it’s noticed as it leads to tartar when left untreated, which is more harmful to your teeth, gum, and health.
Some Equally Effective Home Remedies Against Dental Plaque
A few equally effective remedies or ways to remove plaque from teeth naturally include:
1. Baking Soda and Aloe Vera Solution
This home remedy is also known for eliminating plaque.
– 1/2 Cup Baking Soda
– 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Glycerin
– 1/2 Tablespoon Fresh Aloe Vera Juice
– 1 Teaspoon Lemon Essential Oil
– 3/4 Cup Water
– Combine ingredients together and mix with water.
– Stir this solution and, using a toothbrush, brush at the affected teeth.
– Repeat daily until you get the desired result.
Orange or Lemon Peel
– Orange or lemon peels
– Grind or mash orange or lemon peels into a liquid form.
– Using your hand, scrub gently the affected teeth using this plaque removal solution.
– Do this for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off.
– Repeat daily until plaque is completely removed and teeth become white.
– Alternatively, you can scrub at your teeth using the orange or lemon peel without mashing it up. It just produces a faster result when you do so.