The first time I saw the information about using egg whites to eliminate blackheads, my interest was instantly piqued. For one, I have a few blackheads spread across my face as I suffer from occasional bouts of acne.
Secondly, I am a sucker for natural remedies as a cute for all types of ailments and so gravitate towards these, so I read on.
What Causes Blackheads?
Blackheads come about when the air follicles on your face (or other parts of your body like your neck, chest, shoulders, or back) become clogged.
Anyone can develop blackheads, but certain factors make you more prone to developing them. These are:
– When you have an overactive sebum gland that produces more oil than is needed.
– When your hormones get messed up and you suffer from hormonal imbalance.
– When dead skin cells don’t get removed from the skin surface through exfoliation and clog your pores.
Read Also: 5 Effective Ways to Get Rid of Garlic Breath
Treatments for Blackheads
While blackheads can be effectively treated with remedies such as
– over-the-counter medications
– laser and light therapy
– or manual extraction
A simple yet effective remedy is the egg white mask treatment.
How an Egg White Mask Treatment Works to Eliminate Blackheads
The egg white portion of an egg comes packed with nutrients like protein, vitamins, and albumin and functions by gently toning your skin as well as tightening your skin pores.
With these pores tightened,the production of sebum (oil) is reduced, thereby eliminating the development of blackheads.
How to Use Egg Whites to Eliminate Blackheads
Making use of egg whites to eliminate blackheads is pretty easy. Here are the items you’ll be needing:
– 3 Medium-sized Eggs
– Some Cotton Balls
– A Small Bowl
1. Wash your face thoroughly using a mild soap and water and then towel-dry.
2. Separate the egg white from the yolk into the bowl and whisk until it becomes frothy.
3. Next, with the aid of a cotton ball, apply a generous film of this egg white over your face or on parts with the blackheads.
4. Apply the first layer, leave to dry and then apply a second layer.
5. Also apply a third layer and let this sit for 15-20 minutes on your face then peel the mask that would have been formed off.
6. As you peel, the blackheads will come off with the mask to leave your face clear and smooth.
Some Other Tips to Note
– This egg white mask is also effective in curing other skin blemishes like pimples and acne.
– However, it shouldn’t be used more than twice a week or it becomes counter-productive and will actually makes your face more acne prone.
Here’s a Simple Way to Separate the Egg White from the Yolk
-Refrigerate the eggs for a few hours or overnight. This will make the yolk slightly frozen and less likely to come apart as you separate.
– Crack the egg on a hard surface and our unto your palm. Keep your fingers slightly close as you do this and let the egg white slip through the openings.
– Discard the yolk and use the egg whites as desired.bl