Here’s a Simple Recipe for Making Mayonnaise
If you love mayonnaise, then here’s a simple mayonnaise recipe for making one of your own in no time.
Mayonnaise is great and is one condiment you can use on just about anything to give that tang to your meal. The high nutrient content of this condiment also doesn’t hurt as it comes packed with high unsaturated fats substance, vitamin E, and antioxidants.
Making your own mayonnaise is easy and involves you combining a bunch of easy-to-get ingredients.
There are five ingredients for making your mayonnaise.
1 Cup Olive Oil
½ Teaspoon Mustard Powder
½ Teaspoon Table Salt
2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
- You would need a blender or food processor to hasten the process of mixing your food.
- To start, whisk your egg in a small bowl and pour into the blender. Add in the olive oil, table salt, and mustard powder as well and blend.
- Pour the content into a bowl once you’ve achieved a smooth consistency and pour in your lemon juice at this point, stirring gently as you do.
- Your mayonnaise is ready at this point. However, if you’re someone that likes your food a little spicy, then there’s an additional ingredient you can also try out if you like your mayonnaise a little spicy. In addition to the other ingredients used, you add in a pinch of salt and some vinegar.
Read Also: 24 Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know
Mayonnaise Recipe 2
- Break one or two eggs and extract the yolks. This will be used for the mayonnaise while you set the whites aside to be poached or fried later.
- Add this, along with the mustard powder, salt, olive oil, and pepper into your blender and blend for a minute or two.
- Pour the mixed content into a bowl and add in half a teaspoon of vinegar to the mix.
- Whisk this in until it is fully blended and your mayonnaise is ready to be eaten!