Sore throats can be uncomfortable, not to mention painful and mostly signifies the onset of a cough or cold. However, a sore throat could also be a sign you’re about to be hit with a strep throat or tonsillitis.
Sore throat caused by a cold is mostly caused by viruses, but could sometimes come about as as a result of bacteria.
Symptoms of a Sore Throat
Some symptoms of a sore throat you can expect to get include:
- a runny nose
- general body discomfort or pains
- and lastly cough
Quick Remedies for Sore Throat
There are quite a few remedies you can use as a sore throat cure and one of these is ginger tea.
Ginger tea is one tea that can prepared in minutes, especially if you need a cure really fast. You can make use of freshly peeled ginger or ginger powder.
Whichever you choose to go for the effect is the same and instant as the ginger tea starts to work immediately, bringing relief to your throat.
Here’s how you can go about making your ginger tea.
Sore Throat Recipe #1
Ginger Tea Recipe
- Grate some fresh ginger and pour into a cup, that’s if using fresh ginger. If going for ginger powder, measure a teaspoon of dry, ground ginger into the cup.
- Pour in boiling water and allow steep for five minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a teacup, and stir in a teaspoon of honey (optional but highly recommended).
- You might want to make a lot of this ginger tea to sip all through the day, especially and you should see the sore throat gone by the end of the day.
You could decide to chew the ginger i n place of the ginger tea, that’s if you can stand the hotness as most people swear by its stronger potency when chewed.
Here are Other Effective Remedies for Sore Throat
While ginger tea is recommended as a quick cure due to its fast-acting properties, some remedies you could also try for a quick relief from your sore throat include:
Sore Throat Recipe #2
Salt Water Gargle
Salt water gargle will bring you relief from the itchiness of the sore throat, while also gradually curing it. Its also quite easy to make. Here’s how:
- Put a quarter of a teaspoon of salt into a glass cup.
- Pour in warm water and stir.
- Gargle with this several times daily until you start to feel some relief.
Baking Soda Gargle
Alternatively, you could opt for a baking soda gargle. To do so:
- Place one teaspoon baking soda in a glass.
- Pour in warm water, stir, and gargle throughout the day.
Sore Throat Recipe #4
Garlic is also a great recipe for sore throat due to its antimicrobial properties. You can choose to chew it, cut it into small bits and swallow like you would regular drugs, or just cook with to get its benefits.
If you can stand the putrid smell on your breath and skin, then you can chop the garlic into bits and steep it in boiling water for ten minutes.
Next, strain the liquid into a cup and drink throughout the day.
This recipe works best if you’re going to be indoors all day.
Sore Throat Recipe #5
Apple Cider Vinegar
Dilute one tablespoon apple cider vinegar in warm water, add a teaspoon of honey and take morning and night or as often as you feel you throat itch.
There you have it, five sore throat remedies: ginger tea, salt water gargle, baking soda gargle, garlic (tea), and apple code vinegar. While these sore throat remedies have been known to be effective time and time again, they might not work is your sore throat is caused by anything other than allergies and is instead, a sign of an underlying health condition.
You should have it checked out by a health practitioner if it lingers still after a few days.