Here are Some Easy Ways to Ripen Bananas in 12 Hours or Less
Looking for a few ways to ripen bananas in no time? Here are a few that will thrill you.
Did you know you can have your green bananas ripened in 12 hours or less if you are craving some delicious banana recipes and can’t wait?
There are tons of tips or tricks for getting green bananas to ripen in less than a day and some of these would require very minimal effort on your part to achieve.
Here are Four Tips to Get Your Banana Ripened in 12 Hours or Less
1. Place in a Brown Paper Bag
Place your bunch of banana in a brown paper bag and tie the tip loosely.
The essence of tying your banana loosely is so oxygen can still get in and this is important for your bananas ripenening as bananas emit a hormone, ethylene that works to ripen your banana on time. When this hormone mixes with oxygen, the ripenening process is sped up.
2. Put Other Fruits Along with the Bananas
A few other ways to ripen bananas include storing it with other fruits. A few other fruits like apple, pear, apricot, and avocado, emit this ethylene hormone.
Read Also: 9 Helpful Tips to Live Healthier as a Woman
You can make use of this to ripen your bananas by placing them along with the bananas in the brown paper bag.
3. Place in the Oven
The oven method works using heat to speed up the ripenening of your bananas.
Place your bananas on a lined baking sheet and put into your oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit then bake for 15 – 30 minutes and your bananas will get ripened.
A word of caution though, you should use this method only if you plan to use the bananas as it can make your bananas a little too ripe.
This is yet another heat method to get your bananas ripened quickly and is just about the fastest method as it will ripen your banana in 2 – 3 minutes.
To achieve this, place the bananas in the microwave and microwave for 30 seconds.
This time, although short, is often sufficient to get the bananas soft and ripened, ready to be eaten or used for your recipe.
Again, this method should only be used if the banana is to be used up immediately to avoid it going too soft and unusable.
Some Health Benefits of Banana
Banana is one food that is readily available the world over. Besides its availability, it is also a powerhouse of essential nutrients as it comes packed with the following: potassium, manganese, magnesium, copper, iron, folate, niacin, protein, fat, vitamin C and vitamin B6.
Bananas are also one food you can eat with just about any meal. Here are some of the amazing health benefits you will get eating banana:
- According to a study by the University of Leeds, UK, the high potassium content of banana helps lower the risk of cardiovascular and other heart related diseases.
- This potassium also helps regulate your heartbeat and blood pressure.
- The iron content is banana is great for eliminating anaemia.
- Bananas also contain pectin, a compound that helps moderate blood sugar kevels.
- Each banana contains around 105 calories, which can be great when counting your calories. You feel full on way less calories.
- It is also a fiber food, which can make you feel full, keep hunger away for longer and is in turn a great way to lose or maintain your weight.
- The high potassium and low sodium content of banana also makes it a good choice for people with kidney disease.
- Bananas are also antioxidant, which are great in eliminating the toxins we unknowingly pick up from our interaction with the environment.
Tags: how to ripen bananas in 12 hours or less, quick ways to ripen bananas