Do You Have Damaged, Brittle, or Breaking hair? Use These Hair Breakage Treatment to Restore Your Hair
A lot of the time, hair can become damaged or brittle when you over process it; applying too much chemicals to it or hair product in a bid to get better hair.
Having brittle hair can make you feel terrible; you can’t wear your natural hair down as it just isn’t that presentable! At this point, you are tempted to just cut the whole thing off and start the journey again, and this time you promise to go easy on those “magic” creams and hot relaxers that promise heaven and earth but deliver way less.
But before you cut that hair off, here are some natural ways you can stop hair breakage as well as repair your damaged hair to get that volume, length, and sheen back.
1.Stop Using too Many Processing Creams
This is absolutely necessary! Using these creams has done a lot of damage already, so it makes a lot of sense to just toss them out the window.
Most of these creams contain unhealthy ingredients like isoprophl alcohol, parabens, sodium laurel, proplyene glycol, and polyethlene and these do more harm than good.
So, the first step in our hair breakage treatment is to stop these creams altogether, so your hair can breathe before moving on to the next step.
2.Avoid Hairstyles that Damage Your Hair
Hair styles like braids and pony tail can be damaging to the hair and these done often will break your hair. If you must do these hair styles, do them sparingly so your hair gets enough room to breath.
3.Treat Your Hair
Your hair, just like most organs in your body, requires food rich in nutrients and vitamins regularly. Doing this will also help maintain a healthy, balanced hair.
An effective treatment for hair breakage is steaming using any one or more of the ingredients known to stop hair breakage. Steam your hair 3-4 times a year using eggs, olive oil, and cholesterol. You can steam by yourself at home, or get a professional to do it for you at home.
4.Moisturize and Condition your Hair Regularly
Stop hair breakage by keeping your hair moisturized and well conditioned regularly. Oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil, lavender oil, and almond oil will keep your hair moisturized, as moisturized hair is less likely to break.
Apply any of these to your hair and scalp, massage in, leave for 2 hours, then shampoo. Alternatively, you could apply this oil sparingly all over your hair and scalp and leave it in.
5.Do a Hair Rinse Using Vinegar
Vinegar, especially apple cider vinegar, makes for an effective hair breakage treatment as it doesn’t just stop hair breakage, it also treats hair scalp irritations like dandruff, remove product buildup, and restores your scalp’s PH balance.
Rinse your hair twice a year using vinegar. Pour this all over your hair and let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing off.
6.Avoid Applying Heat to Your Hair
Heat dries out your hair and damages your hair follicles. Go easy on hair dryers, straighteners, and hair thongs, and instead allow your hair to air-dry after washing.
Use These Hair Remedies to Remedy Damaged Hair
Some products are packed full with vitamins, minerals, and amino acids and using them regularly will treat any brittle or damaged hair.
To treat, use any of the following natural hair breakage treatment to stop hair breakage and restore your hair:
– Mix 1 cup of vinegar and 2 cups of water and pour all over your hair.
– Leave it in for 10 minutes and then rinse off.
– Repeat this process once a week for a few weeks.
– Add a bag of black tea to hot water and let it sit for 10 minutes.
– Shampoo your hair and rinse then pour this tea over it.
– Leave it in for 15 minutes and then rinse off.
Banana contains potassium, vitamins, and natural oils that will revitalize your hair.
– Mash 1 or 2 ripe bananas in a bowl and apply this all over your hair and scalp.
– Let it sit for 15 minutes, covering with a shower cap if available so this treatment penetrates faster and then rinse off.
– Repeat this hair treatment until you get your desired hair back.
Aloe vera is rich in amino acids and vitamins A, C, B12 and E and can be used regularly to restore your hair.
– Squeeze out the juice from some aloe vera and massage this into your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse off.p
The proteins, fatty acids, and minerals in eggs will treat damaged hair and also promote healthy hair growth.
Egg makes for a good protein treatment that will restore your hair weight in no time.
– Whisk 1 or 2 eggs in a bowl and slowly apply this over your hair and scalp.
– Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it for 20 minutes, then rinse off with shampoo.
Avocado contains vitamins, essential fatty acids, and proteins.
– Mash one avocado and mix this with 1 or 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
– Massage this into your hair and scalp and let it sit for 20 minutes, then rinse off.
Shea butter contains vitamins A, E, and F, as well as antioxidants that will treat damaged or brittle hair.
– Melt the shea butter until it becomes liquid and apply this on your scalp and hair.
– Leave it in and style hair as desired
Tags: stop hair breakage, hair loss ,beauty hacks