Do you love eating fresh garlic but find it’s strong, pungent smell off-putting? Wouldn’t it be great if you could eat garlic and still get rid of this garlic breath immediately?
Garlic is very medicinal. It is one of the best natural antibiotics you can lay your hands on known for curing a myriad of illness and diseases such as common cold and blood pressure. It also improves cholesterol levels, improves your bone health, detoxifies your system, boosts your immune system, and prevents dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
However, eating fresh garlic also comes at a price as it has a very strong, putrid smell that lingers in your lungs or breath for 24 hours or more. Due to this, a lot of people shy away from cooking with or eating garlic.
However, if you love garlic for it’s many health benefits, you no longer have to avoid it as there are a quite a few ways of getting rid of this garlic smell from your breath.
Five Ways to Get Rid of Garlic Breath
1. Drink Some Lemon Juice
Garlic contains a sulphric compound which which gives it that strong smell as it’s been broken down.
One good way to neutralize this garlic smell, is to take a glass of lemon juice right afterwards. The strong acidity in the lemon juice will neutralize the allinaise compound in the garlic to make your breath smell fresh once again.
2. Chew Some Parsley
Parsley is one potent herb that has been known to clear garlic breath and that’s because it cleanses your palate, ridding it of that offensive garlic smell.
So get on with chewing as much of this as you can stand to get your breath smelling fresh once again.
3. Run a Stainless Steel Spoon Around Your Mouth
This is a pretty easy remedy against the garlic smell. Although simple-sounding, it works as the stainless steel neutralizes the sulphur in the garlic when used.
So, run a spoon over your mouth, wash spoon, and repeat to get that quick solution.
4. Chew Some Raw Mints or Raw Apple
Raw apples or raw mints have also been known to reduce garlic breath by as much as 50% and so serve as good options.
5. Drink Milk
Drinking a glass of milk right after chewing fresh garlic is also recommended as it helps reduce the concentration of food particles in your mouth.
Take a glass of milk and this will mask or neutralize that pungent garlic smell.
Some Other Methods Known to Eliminate Garlic Breath
Some other methods for eliminating garlic breath you might want to consider include:
1. Brush and then floss immediately.
2. Chew some bubble gum.
3. Have a cup of green tea or cinnamon tea.
4. Dilute a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in water and drink.
5. Eat fresh fruits or vegetables as these are also known for masking strong smells.
6. Make use of a tongue scrapper.
7. Eat some lettuce.
8. Drink lots of water right afterwards.
9. Eat other citrus fruits such as grapefruits or oranges.
Getting Rid of Garlic Smell on Your Hands
Since there is no way you can chew fresh garlic without having to cut them using your hands, here are some simple ways to also eliminate the odor of garlic from your hands
1. Wash thoroughly with some and water and soap.
2. Make a lemon spray by combining one part lemon and one part warm water and spray this on your hand as often as you want.
3. Mix half a teaspoon baking soda in warm water and wash your hands with this. Allow it sit on your hands for a minute or two while you wash before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
4. Mix half a teaspoon apple cider vinegar in warm water and soak your hands in this solution for a few minutes.
5. Run a stainless steel spoon all across your hands to eliminate that awful garlic smell.