If you don’t have a bottle of coconut oil in your wadrobe or kitchen pantry, then you are missing out on a lot of amazing benefits!
Coconut oil, rightly tagged a ‘miracle oil’, can carry out so many functions that it is a must have for everyone. This oil is great for your skin and hair, as food supplements, and also as an ointment for light grazes or bruises on the skin.
It is anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial with lots of antioxidant properties. It has been in use for several decades for a myriad of conditions with astounding results.
1. Coconut oil comes packed with healthy saturated fats that promote fat burning.
2. It provides your brain with fast energy when you need it, especially when combined with chia seeds.
3. Coconut oil intake is a great way to regulate cholesterol as it increases the good HDL cholesterol in your blood system.
4. Coconut oil is great for people looking to maintain their weight as it reduces hunger, making you take in less.
5. Research shows that coconut oil can protect you from the harmful, aging effects of the sun’s UV rays.
6. Coconut oil also boosts metabolism as it contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), a fatty acid known to increase the quantity of calories you burn.
7. Daily swishing with coconut oil also eliminates harmful bacteria in the mouth, including bacteria responsible for plaques on the teeth.
8. Coconut oil is great for the skin as it is known to eliminates skin blemishes or irritations, including eczema and dermatitis.
9. Coconut oil serves as a great moisturizer for that great-looking skin.
10. Its antibacterial properties also make it a great remedy in fighting infections like Clostridium difficile, a bacteria in the intestine known for causing acute diarrhea.
11. It also brings soothing relief from insect bites and stings.
12. It has been known to burn belly fats when ingested.
13. Coconut oil brings soothing relief from burn pains and also promotes quick wound healing.
14. Coconut oil promotes healthy bones as it increases the absorption of calcium and magnesium. It also neutralizes free radicals known for destroying bone cells.
15. Coconut oil is effective in fighting the yeast infection, candida.
16. It brings soothing relief from arthritis pain.
17. It promotes liver health.
18. It promotes healthy heart as it contains Lauric acid known for preventing heart diseases.
19. Coconut oil has been known to treat depression and anxiety when consumed daily.
20. This oil also improves sleep quality.
21. It is great for pregnant women as it aids foetal development.
22. Coconut oil prevents digestive problems such as constipation or irritable bowel syndrome.
23. Coconut oil is great in treating Alzheimer’s disease as it improves cognitive function in its patients.
24. It eliminates stress when massaged onto the head or temple.
25. It has been known to regulate blood sugar in diabetics.
26. It’s great as a hormone booster and support.
27. Coconut oil can be used as an anti-aging support cream.
28. Research shows that coconut oil is effective in preventing kidney stones.
29. It boosts immunity.
30. It can serve as a teeth whitener, especially when mixed with baking soda.
31. Coconut oil makes for a great hair shampoo or conditioner.
32. It will restore damaged, frizzled, or thinning hair when massage over the hair and scalp.
33. It eliminates lice from the hair.
34. Coconut oil eliminates cellulite on the skin.
35. It improves dry, flaky skin when mixed with salt.
36. It makes for a great eye makeup remover using a cotton ball.
37. It will restore the moisture to chapped lips.
38. It makes for an effective body scrub when combined with sugar.
39. It can serve as an insect repellent when you combined with essential oil.
40. Coconut oil makes for a great natural deodorant.
41. It eliminates bugs on pets.
42. It removes stains and carpet spills when combined with baking soda.
43. Coconut oil can be used to soften leather and bring a shine to your furniture.
44. Coconut oil boosts circulation.
45. It brings relief from hemorrhoid pain when applied topically.