12 Amazing Kitchen Hacks to Simplify Your Time in the Kitchen
These 12 amazing kitchen hacks will simplify your life, helping to get things done in a short time and with minimal effort.
Hey guys, we all know as women we spent a lot of time in the kitchen cooking cleaning and making other magic happen! Sometimes, our time in the kitchen goes perfectly and everything comes out awesome and in no time too. Then, there are those times that try as we might, things don’t go as planned; food gets burned as you sautée or cook them, items go bad before you get a chance to use them again, and we can’t seem to get the meal ready in time, even when we start early enough!
Wouldn’t it be nice if we had a way around most of these things, so things go perfectly ALL of the times?
12 Kitchen Hacks You Should Try for Ease Around the Kitchen
Here are 12 awesome kitchen hacks you can try to make your time in the kitchen an easier and memorable one:
- If you find your onions going brown too quickly while sauteing, drop an ice cube into the pan and this will prevent it from burning.
- Make cooking time faster by dicing a lot of onions at a go and saving the extra for later. To preserve, place the leftover into a ziplock bag to be stored in the freezer.
- To peel a potato easily, boil it until it turns soft, then drop in a bowl of cold water. This will separate the peel from the body.
- To remove tiny egg shells from your bowl of cracked eggs, wet one finger and touch the shell with this. It will stick to the finger and come off easily.
- Get a hard-to-open jar easily opened by wrapping the lid with a rubber band and then giving it an extra squeeze.
More Kitchen Hacks to Try Out…
- Boiling water and don’t want the liquid to over-boil and spill? Place a wooden spoon across the pot. Wood doesn’t conduct heat, so this action makes the boiling water boil away from the surface.
- To keep your cake fresh for longer, pin a slice of bread to the exposed parts, holding in place with toothpicks. The brain will help retain the moisture in the cake so it doesn’t become dry.
- You can also store your cake with one or two slices of apple to help retain it’s moisture and softness.
- Have burnt parts of food stuck to the bottom of your pan? Remove this using a salt and water solution. Mix two teaspoons of salt in a bowl of water and pour into the pot. Let it soak for 15-20 minutes and then scrub at it using a hard sponge to get the burned food easily off.
- To prevent your fish from sticking or even breaking up when being grilled, place a few slices of lemon on the pan first before placing your fish. Not only will placing the fish these in lemon slices prevent sticking, it also gives your fish a kind of distinct taste and aroma.
- Peel your garlic easily by placing in bowl with a lid and giving it a hard shake. This will loosen the skin, making it much easier to come off. To get it off completely, rub between your fingers and you will have your peeled garlic.
- To fix an over salted food, simply squeeze a little lemon into it or add a tables or two of vinegar. The acidity of the lemon juice or vinegar will mask the salty taste of the food.
Tags: kitchen hacks , amazing ways to simplify your life as a woman, simple kitchen tricks, helpful kitchen tips, women